ITFreely s02e04: The !FM Christmas show, news and rants
So this week FlirtFM are down to a “reduced schedule”, only broadcasting from 4PM-4AM. This means our 12:30PM slot is on temporary hiatus. However, Dave, Shane and Patrick soldiered on for an extended Christmas special.
- High school teacher in the US fired for running SETI@home.
- Somali pirates set up a Stock Exchange.
- Dane challenges copyright law.
- Upcoming talks at the 26th Chaos Communications Congress (26c3). Keep an eye on the GSM talks.
- Irish fabless chip Firm DecaWave sign €250,000 deal with LG for Ultra-WideBand (UWB) chips.
- Plink (an Irish firm, not an application by Simon Tatham) win the second Android Developers Challenge (ADC2) with art scanning application, PlinkArt.
- Last week in an interview with the Economist Roger Faxon (CEO of EMI) mentioned that physical sales still account for 80% of recorded music sales.
The audio and text of this podcast is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License (CC-BY-NC).